Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Summary Reflection

Summary Reflection by Janine Catlett

The book, Why Don’t Students Like School, was an interesting read. Daniel T. Willingham had many interesting perspectives of education and techniques to teach students. I found chapter 5 very informative and it reinforced some of my own ideas about practice and its importance when learning new concepts and retention of skills already presented. The idea that practice of skills needs to be presented over time and spaced out to improve transfer was refreshing. I enjoyed Chapters 7 and 8 and the information on how to teach slow learners and impact of intelligence on learning.
All in all, I found the book informative with ideas to take back to the classroom. I learned several new ideas and techniques to use in classroom that will better my instruction and teaching techniques with my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment