Saturday, January 8, 2011

Book Summary

I enjoyed reading this book and learned many useful things to take into the classroom and also use with my family at home. After reading the quotes and principles, it really made me realize why people react and do the things they do. All of the principle made sense to me. People are very simple creatures of habit and life. We need constant motivation and our interest levels kept high. The classroom is more than just a place of learning. It is a place of emotions, socialization, motivation, and on and on. Every student needs to be reached and to be felt important as if they have a voice. We as teachers need to keep respect high, so these students will "follow" us where our teaching is guiding them. We can continue to inspire minds if we can keep their attention and their trust.
I read many things that I will refer to as I continue teaching. The principles are very true and based on much data. I would recommend this book to individuals not only in the teaching profession, but in every profession.

No comments:

Post a Comment